EU Regulation 2016/679 – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Brennan Associates is fully committed to the principles of securing sensitive personal data and privacy by default as required by EU Regulation 2016/679 – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In undertaking our duties as Chartered Surveyors, we will of necessity be required to record details of our Client, including names, addresses and where appropriate, telephone and email details for use in the discharge of our obligations under the brief.
In certain circumstances, we will also of necessity collect and compile similar details of project team members, adjoining owners or premises that would be affected by any proposals and by our clients’ intentions to develop, so that appropriate information can be served.
We therefore routinely search the public record, such as the Land Registry or the Local Authority Planning portal for the names and addresses of owners of any properties so affected and make records of such data (including telephone numbers and email addresses if provided) solely for the purpose of fulfilling our duties and obligations, including those under the Party Wall etc Act 1996.
Under these Terms we will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to administer and manage our relationship with you, including to set up and maintain your account;
- to process orders from you for our Service;
- to deal with any enquiries we receive from you;
- for the purposes of any corrective action which may be required in respect of any of the Service we supply to you; and
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances, in particular:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation;
- if it is necessary for operating our business and/or providing you with our Service;
- it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us; and
- in response to a request from a governmental authority (including a regulator).
External recipients of the data will be limited to those required to progress the Service, and more specifically in seeking Local Authority and other statutory bodies’ information and approvals, and in the tendering and administration of projects where we are required to disclose contact information.
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary, taking into account information needed for applicable legal and insurance requirements and limitation periods.
You have the right to request a copy of any data we hold about you, its amendment if erroneous, and deletion (subject to our duties having been fulfilled). You also have the right to object to its processing and the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Brennan Associates will respond promptly, and within 30 days, to any written request for disclosure of data held.